Even though January is almost over, we can still set the tone for your life this year (and hopefully the years to come).
However, this isn’t another New Years Resolution!.. Ooooh No… This is more like a commitment to Personal Development.
(Most) People have good intentions, vowing to become better by drawing up a list of activities to resolve i.e;
- I will quit smoking
- I will join a gym
- I will become a vegetarian
- I will quit my boring job
- I will pray more
- I will pay off my credit cards/debts
It all reminds me of those ‘quick fix’ diets… I have this image of someone scrambling around to list all the things they need to change, preferably really quickly, yet never really getting round to doing them or keeping to them… Or is that just my imagination?
~ A hastily contrived remedy that alleviates a problem only for the time being
~ An expedient temporary solution, esp. one that merely postpones coping with an overall problem. (thefreedictionary.com)
For example, those that aim to lose weight fast, might start dieting and give themselves a target to reach i.e in 2 weeks for a sunny holiday. Sometimes they reach the target, go on holiday, are extremely happy and upon returning the diets out the window, they resort to how things used to be.
So the diet ends up being a temporary vice. This might be a silly question, but I pose that instead of ‘quick fix dieting’ shouldn’t we just alter our eating habits, lifestyle, the way we view food, what we buy and increase our knowledge on what’s in the meal??
Wouldn’t this have a lasting effect on steady, healthy weight loss, which can be maintained for life?
Well, the same applies to you becoming a better person in regards to Self Improvement and Personal Development.
‘Start as you mean to go on’ is me basically daring you to do things differently this time round. Instead of ‘New Years Resolutions’ aim to Live a Purposeful Life of Personal Development.
Get organised and prepared by following the below Steps to help kick-start your Journey:
- Take time out to really assess what personal skills you need to develop, improve on, change or issues you need to resolve.
- Look for Seminars, Events, Courses that you can attend to help re-educate yourself about the area/issue.
- Buy a book or two around that subject, area or issue. As learning is a lifelong process.
- Sign yourself up for Counselling to help deal with unresolved issues that will and can affect your future self.
- Look for a Mentor to help encourage your new skill, or help you on your journey.
- Make sure the friends you keep are there to help, encourage and keep you accountable on your personal development.
- Buy a notebook, I’m sure you’ll need to write something down.
- Let me know how you get on and /or contact me for any advice/support.
(Feel free to check out my ‘Mentoring Services’ Page)
Subscribe and leave your comments.
For Learning Engagements, Problems & Personal Development Enquiries send your emails to; Info.firstname.lastname@example.org
Love & Blessings